The biggest problem when setting up a non-profit organization is the IRS reporting, we can help you with the reporting so your organization can continue with their tax-exempt status.
The most important form that the IRS requires you to submit is Form 900 and its relations which include the following:
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Functional Expense Statement
- Individual Program Expense Statement
- Revenue Support Schedules
The IRS uses these specific revenue and expense classifications to determine if your organization will continue have the tax-exempt status for the next year. So it is very important that you have your accounting system built around these revenue and expense classifications.
Here is what we can do for your non-profit organization:
- Review all your current and past financial statements
- Design and help you maintain a simple accounting system
- Help with payroll preparation as well as prepare for payroll taxes
- File your Form 900 and 900T tax forms
- Churches will have help with pastoral housing allowances as well as help with the dual tax status of ministers
If you are a new non-profit organization, we can also help you out with the start up process:
- Articles of Incorporation containing the Exempt Purpose Statement as described in IRS Code section 501(c)(3) and defined in Treasury Regulation 1.501(c)(3)-1 Paragraph d and the Dissolution Statement described in Treasury Regulation 1.501(c)(3)-1 Paragraph b subparagraph 4 (“Organizational Test”).
- Employer Identification Number
- By-laws of the Organization
- Minutes of Board Meetings
- Information of Board Members
- Information of all Active Members
- Inventory of Assets
- Inventory of Liabilities
- Revenue and Expense Statements for the last four years or as far back as possible
- Written Reason for Formation and History of the organization
- Organization Mission Statement or Statement of Faith or Beliefs for Churches and other Religious Organizations
- Financial Support Documentation
- Fund Raising Program Descriptions
- IRS Processing/Filing Fee
For a free consultation on keeping your non-profit organization status or setting up a new non-profit organization, click below.